Monday, November 19, 2012

At the end of the day...

I have some unfinished business to take care of...go visit and make amends to my granddaughter who in all likelihood is fine, so over it, while I'm emotionally enmeshed in it.  Jeesh.

EVERY problem in my life has a solution, especially when I apply my program to it.  The suggestion is to start my day in meditation and prayer to the Higher Power, page 86.

When in doubt........pause...ask GOD.

Why do I forget to do this?  When I know it works every time?  Thank goodness this program is not dependent on doing it perfectly...it's about progress.  Yeah!

Well, Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching.  The illusion or social expectation is we will all be gathered around the table, laughing, talking, enjoying ourselves and our families.  Whereas, in reality, many of us will not be doing this.  

Sho and I discussed what we plan to do.  I will make my famous, yummy cornbread dressing and bake a small turkey, etc.  He will stay home and watch the game while I go to work at the shelter for a while.  We will graze, relax and enjoy our day.  

Will our children come over?  I don't know.  They make their own celebrations and sometimes we go visit.  I like to go visit because I can leave when I'm ready.  Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Anyway, at the end of today, of Thanksgiving Day, of any day, including the last day of life...the questions we will need to answer are (from page 86):

Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? Do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should be discussed with another person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done better? Were we thinking of ourselves most of the time? Or were we thinking of what we could do for others, of what we could pack into the stream of life?

No comments: