Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wow...survived Thanksgiving Day! Yeah!!

Well, the Thanksgiving holiday was pretty interesting.  Ultimately, Sho and I cooked our meal then later grazed at leisure.  I went to work at the shelter which was sweet and humbling.  After work I went to my oldest son's house and everyone was pretty much gathered there.  Family and friends, children playing.  Chitter, chatter.  Finally I made it back home later on in the evening and rested.  Quite a lovely day.  My daughter and her husband came to pick up Stitch after their return from visiting his parents in another town.  They planned to drop off Stitch then go to Will's house for the gathering.

I'm grateful.

There is a new person working at the shelter and she is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  She's in AA and is a whirlwind of PROGRAM in capital letters.  I'm starting to think I'm just a wanna-be.  Jeesh.  She even was going to visit a prison this weekend to "carry the message".  I believe the Higher Power brought her to the shelter and I'm definitely influenced by her to up my program.

More will be revealed...and I'm excited!  Sincerely, Carol xoxox

P.S.  It's official...I gained 1(one) pound.  Thank GOD it wasn't 5!  Jeesh.---C.


No comments: