Wednesday, November 7, 2012

living & loving large

Well, I arrived home last night and after feeding Elvis, I ate 2 donuts.  Stuffed them down would be a better word for that experience.  I can't say I e-n-j-o-y-e-d them because the experience didn't last long enough to relish, embrace, love the moment.  So much for the Steps.  Where were they in that moment?

I met a man not too long ago who has 5 stents in his heart, too many meds to count, overweight, diabetic, high cholesterol  not supposed to eat salt, etc.  Might not live long enough to see his next birthday in a couple of months.  And I watched him devour 2 porkchops, mounds of potato salad...I asked him about this and he just looked at me bemused because no matter what, he craved those port chops.

I saw how my Aunt Hilda died...she craved that last cigarette, no matter what.  Same thing like that guy with the porkchops.

Same thing like me with those donuts last night.

So...

I went to Amazon.com and downloaded the book re:  the DASH food plan and menus.  This morning I''m counting my food stuff for today.  My doctor told me in JULY she wanted me on 1500 calories a day.

Today is day 1.  I weigh....260.2    I'm working on complying with my doctor and cutting the crap.  Get on or get off the pity-pot and take care of business.  One day at a time.  Just for today, dear Higher Power, just for today....  Love, Carol xoxox

P.S. Instead of craving food stuff...I want to c-r-a-v-e enjoying life and living large, loving large.  :)


No comments: