Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Sluggish Start

Well, today is Halloween here in the States.  Jeesh.  I plan to take the karaoke to the shelter and hopefully we will all have a good time singing, laughing and playing.
 
However, this morning before going to the shelter, I hope to take Hunter to the car body shop and get an estimate of how much it will cost to repair the damage.  When I stop to think about the wreck, I feel a mix of sadness and anger well up inside me.  It's not as bad as it used to be, thank GOD and therapy!  Jeesh.

Also it's been a while since I've heard from my friend who went on a road trip with her husband.  She told me they planned to be back around the middle of October.  I put them both in the Hands of the Higher Power.  I wish them the best.

I'm kind of down-hearted this morning.  Most of the time I wake up in a good mood, animated, ready to start my day.  This is not the case today.  I put this in my Higher Power's Hands.  I know that "This, too, shall pass".

Sometimes just getting out of the house, on my day's adventures, helps me get past the doldrums.  Practicing an attitude of gratitude also helps  When all else fails, just being of service to someone else in need can work in ways no other can.

Dear Higher Power, I put this all in Your awesome, powerful, protective, loving Hands.  As You Will.    Love, Carol xoxox




No comments: