Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back to the Basics

No matter what, all roads keep leading me back to the Steps.

I love to click the online, first 164 pages of the AA Big Book.  Any words or questions I have about the book of "Alcoholics Anonymous" are easy to look-up at this website.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone pretty much has one but when in doubt, go to the source, to the basics.  The Big Book is the basic text of the 12 Steps.  The story it's called the Big Book is the first printing of the book was large, very large because they doubted any alcoholic would part with their money for a little book.

Anyway,  the formula for success at working the Steps is laid out in this book.  Also, there are speaker tapes sometimes called Big Book studies where it's possible to go through the Steps using the format of this book.  Joe and Charlie are 2 speakers famous for their efforts to pass it on, how to use the book of "Alcoholics Anonymous".  Myers and Chris R. are very effective in this effort, too.  There are different opportunities to listen to them at websites for example:  http://www.aaspeakers.org/ , http://xa-speakers.org/, etc.

Other fellowships also have speakers that go through the Steps.  Same thing.  Because it works.

Also, I like to keep the slogans close by.  Like,  3 A's:  Awareness, Acceptance, Action
and the 3 C's:  I didn't Cause it, I can't Control it, and I can't Cure it. Let It Begin with Me.  First Things First.  Honesty Open-minded Willingness.  One Day at a Time, etc.

All of these are part of the spiritual tool kit freely given and laid at my feet.  All I need to do is pick them up and use them.  That's my part in recovery.







 

No comments: