Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Heart Full of Gratitude

You know, a real gift in the 12 Steps program is the assignment of writing a daily list of gratitude.  Not just in my head, thinking about a list but actually getting a piece of paper and a pen or pencil then writing it down.  There is such a high level of awareness, acceptance and action in actually doing the work.  It takes commitment to follow through with this.  And it really does work.  B-U-T I'm lazy, in a hurry, too busy, too anything but do it.  I make up excuses and reasons to justify or rationalize why I'm special and can do it my way which seems to me the easier, softer way.    Then, doggone it, some nebulous day in the future, I realize just how important it is to do what was suggested.  I just wasn't ready, I guess.  Jeesh.

Anyway, just for today I realize if my heart is full of gratitude for the multitude of blessings bestowed then somehow, my point of view on GOD, me and you is so much kinder, patient, tolerant, flexible and generous...and my behaviors act according to how I'm thinking.

Dear Higher Power that holds the moon, stars, galaxies and everything else, I love YOU and thank YOU for loving me.  YOU give my life meaning and purpose.  Without YOU, I am nothing   Lord, grant me the wisdom, courage and strength to do YOUR Will today and everyday.  All glory to YOU, Lord.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: