Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Treasures of the Spirit

Am I willing to change my old way of living into compliance with my new way of being, of thinking?

Do I embrace and cherish the things of the Spirit which are (as listed on page 81, "Daily Reflections") unconditional love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self-control and humility?  Are these my new treasures that no one can steal, take away from me, nor do they rust AND I will be able to take with me when I leave this Earth-plane?

Some times I can even see the value of the things that block me from the Sunlight of the Spirit, such as selfishness, dishonesty, resentment and fear because their presence creates darkness which propels me to head to the Light.  Just by sheer contrast I can "see" the difference and get busy working the Steps in all aspects of my life.

Dear Sweet Lord Creator, I love YOU and I thank YOU for loving me.  YOU are so amazingly wonderful and wondrous.   The works of YOUR Hands are beyond comprehension, stupendous and colossal in majestic proportions way beyond human comprehension.  No matter how hard we try, we have our limitations in the human experience.  Like, if I try to see both sides of a dime at the same time. I can't.  But I know YOU can see it all, before it was even here.  Wow.  How truly "WOW" YOU are!  Thank YOU for giving us the gift of Life.  Please help me, Lord, lean not on my own understanding and that I trust in YOU instead...in all my affairs.  Just for today.  One day at a time, sometimes just one minute at a time.  Love, Carol xoxox.


No comments: