Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gratitude Calendar and The Reins

I love to listen to songs and put my Higher Power in the mix.  For example, "You are the wind beneath my wings" or "Without You", etc.  So in privacy I sing to GOD the tunes of songs I love.  Very nourishing to my spirit.  LOL

Anyway, this morning in my readings what kept coming up was the stay out of GOD's business.

One tip I encountered in "Hope for Today" was a "gratitude calendar" where each day something is written down to feel grateful for.  This is a way to push the reset button...to start the day over at any time.  Good idea.

Another thing I read (Alanon's "12 &12", p.19) where it mentions that a slip is when we "take back the reins into our own hands".

I've heard it said that before an alcoholic ever relapses and takes that drink, or addict takes their chemical of preference, the relapse happened long before in their minds.  Just like the Alanon.  We all "take back the reins into our own hands".

Dear Lord GOD Almighty Creator, thank YOU for all.  YOU're The Greatest.  I hand it all over to YOU and I work to keep my hands off.  Please, Lord, give me knowledge of YOUR Will and the courage, strength, wisdom and Willingness to ACCEPT and To Do It.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: