Friday, March 8, 2013

The Imagine Basket

Well, this morning I read in "Courage To Change" about how a person was immersed in a tough problem with no solution and asked for help from the Higher Power.  Then this person remembered a meeting where a basket full of slogans written on slips of paper was passed around at a meeting for each person to pick one.  So...imagined a basket full of slogans, imagined reaching in and picking a slogan...then applied it and it worked.

I like the idea of imagining a basket and reaching in...I'm willing to try this idea out to see if it works.

I read in "Day By Day", "We must never forget where we came from and in what condition we arrived here...if we do forget, our willingness to "go to any lengths" fades away."

Which brings to mind that desperation, the depth of pain, suffering and pitiful hopelessness of hitting bottom.  That H-U-R-T.  That phenomena of "My back was against the wall and the wall was on fire.".  Where pain propels my program...do what works, whatever it takes to stop the insanity...in my mind, heart, soul and life.

Dear Sweet Lord GOD Creator of All That Was-Is-Will Be-Might Have Been-And-Might-Be, I love YOU and thank YOU for loving me.  YOU are The Greatest, The Best, The Source, The One.  Truly how great THOU art!  Thank YOU for the multiple blessings YOU bestow on us all, loved and not-so-loved ones.  Please help me to remember to stay honest, open-minded and willing to do YOUR will in all my affairs, just for today...one day, one minute at a time.  All glory to YOU...for YOU truly can transform a mess such as me into a message as long as I stay out of the way and submit to YOU.  Wow.  YOU're awesome.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: