Monday, March 4, 2013

Pain Propels my Program

It's certainly true for me that if I hurt enough I will get off my butt and do the work.  What is the work?  Working the Steps.  How do I work the Steps?  How I work a spiritual program?  Since it's in the "spirit", the "kingdom within", how do I "see" what the heck I'm doing or know if I'm doing it right or wrong?  How do I know it really works or is it some kind of brainwashing, hocus-pocus, wishful thinking cop-out?  Why don't I just grab a-hold of my problems and take care of it all in one fell swoop...my way or the highway?

Because my way doesn't work.  After countless efforts to be The Solution to mine and everybody else's problems and countless failures in trying to do so...I give up.  I surrender.  I get it.  I'm not the Solution...I'm the Problem as long as I think I'm The Solution.  Hilarious.  My best thinking has taken me to some real devastating places.   I've learned I cannot depend on the god of Intellect because it's limited to what I know and since I don't know everything or every possibility, etc. I really don't know, round and round I go.  Like a spinning top...where it stops no body knows.

What does work for me is learning a new way to live Life on  Life's terms...There is A Way Out...the Steps lead the way out.  I just gotta take the Steps.  Kind of like Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" had to follow the Yellowbrick Road.  LOL

Dear Higher Power, thank You for the multiple blessings You bestow on us all.  Thank You for the Earth, the sky, the day, the night.  Thank you for the shadow that helps us see the light so we know to draw closer to You.  Thank You for the privilege of Life and may we bring glory to You.  I love You and I thank You for loving me.  You are my Life Partner forever and ever.  Amen.  Love, Carol xoxox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay you got computer stuff fixed! Yay! Thank you for sharing this Carol. My stinking thinking gets me in trouble ALL the time! We've come a long way in recovery, doesn't matter how long we got. One day at a time, Easy does it & only By the Grace of God.