Saturday, March 9, 2013

I wrote that a volunteer named Sandra told me about Dr. Hew Len and how he does his cleanings.  Yesterday she told me about EFT at emofree.com.  Now, one thing the 12 Steps program teaches me is to have an open mind.  "There are many paths leading to the same place."  The thing is, my learned response is to keep my blinders on, resist anything new, resist change, stick with what I know, don't risk.  But here is Sandra giving so freely of what helps her so I keep an open mind.  I'm willing to try it, add to my tools of recovery.  If it works, great.  If not, no big deal because I do have the Steps, no matter what, they work every I work them.

The truth is that the 12 Steps are the basic structure of my life today, this day.   I am f-a-r from the "perfect" 12 Stepper.  The thing is no matter how imperfectly I work this program and no matter how many shortcomings I have still to turn over, I keep coming back.  One day at a time.  What  I love about this program is the incredible stretch it has, the inclusiveness, instead of exclusion.  Wow.  I just might have a chance in this day to be of service, to bridge the gap, to be free...just for today trust in my Higher Power to take care of and to guide me to be of service to GOD and to GOD's children.

Dear Kingdom Within Heavenly Creator, thank YOU for one more day to be of service to YOU. Thank YOU for the gift of Life and for the opportunity to be available to YOU.  Please help me on this path.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: