Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Strange Mental Blank

Overcoming the urge is the topic in Day by Day.  "Think the Drink, Ponder the Pill, Figure the Fix." I add...Consider the Control. To stay away from the first drink, pill, fix (of dope or sex or donut or taco, etc), the temptation to control, take back the reins.  That sometimes I have no mental defense against the first one.

How true this is!  In that moment, I want what I want...right now.  Like a little child that hasn't learned self-restraint, delayed gratification, damn the consequences.  LOL

What do I say or do to overcome this urge, craving, fixation, obsession?

"Think it through, to its logical conclusion.  For us it can mean nothing but wreckage and despair.  And with such thought to the consequences, we will gain the courage to turn the urge away."

Dear Sweet Lord GOD, YOU're The One, The Source, The Creator.  Thank YOU for all the opportunities YOU provide for spiritual edification and growth.  Thank YOU for the multiple gifts of YOUR blessings YOU shower on us all.  I put my dear friend Phillip in YOUR awesome loving, healing, compassionate Hands.  As YOU Will.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: