Sunday, June 9, 2013

Giving up the Crutch

I wrote another blog...just as I finished there was a big POP sound across the street...a transformer blew?  I'm not sure but the electricity went out everywhere.  No electricity, no Internet, no posting.  So instead, I went outside to the garden and harvested a beautiful, yellow summer squash and some tomatoes.

The electricity is back on.  The birds are chirping, riled up. Rain is starting to come down.  It is what it is...

The readings again preoccupy my mind and heart.

Day by Day, "If we practice the things of the spirit (patience, faith, love), we will become our own living miracles."

Daily Reflections, p.169, "Each day can be like a rose unfurling according to the plan of a Power Greater than myself...Each stage of the petals' unfolding can bring wonder and delight if I do not interfere or let my expectations override my acceptance---and this brings serenity."

One Day at a Time in Al-anon, p.161, "Nothing makes us so vulnerable as to give up the crutch of The Alibi."

Courage to Change, p.161, quote, "If my problems have brought me to prayer, then they have served a purpose."---As We Understood

...In All Our Affairs, p.137, "Sometimes putting "First Things First" isn't getting my life in order, it's just picking up a pencil with a point."

Dear Merciful Lord GOD Almighty Great Spirit Creator of All that was-is-will be-and might be, YOU are IT.  The solution to all my problems and everybody elses.  YOU rule.  The wonder and glory of YOUR majesty permeates the Uni-verses of Possibilities and so-called Impossibilities.  The works of YOUR Hands are truly miraculous.  Thank YOU for Life, Liberty of Spirit and the gifts of t
he Spirit.  I love YOU and thank YOU for loving me and my brothers and sisters.  Love, Carol xoxox

No comments: